Sep 24, 2019 Update your iPhone and iPad to the latest iOS or iPadOS and your Mac to the latest macOS. Set up iCloud and make sure that you’re signed in with the same Apple ID on all of your devices. Turn on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID. Set up iCloud Keychain. Turn on Messages in iCloud. Dec 27, 2019 Check iMessage Settings on Mac Open the Messages app on your Mac Click “Messages” in the top menu. Click “preferences Choose “Accounts”. Under the “You can be reached for messages at” section, make sure the phone number and Apple ID match the settings on your iPhone.
iMessage is an instant messaging software developed by Apple. It allows you to send and receive text messages, videos, and photos. On top of that, it has another function which you will surely like. Thanks to Apple’s Continuity feature, you can now sync iMessage between iPhone and Mac, which means you can have conversations all across your iDevices. However, other users found that the iMessages sent from iPhone are not being synced onto Mac, and vice versa. This problem is due to a communication issue between iPhone and Mac. So we’ll look at some various methods to help you solve this issue. You may refer to the solutions below for detailed instructions.
How to Fix Messages Not Syncing between iPhone and Mac
Solutions to Messages Not Syncing between iPhone and Mac
If you cannot send and receive messages from either your iPhone and Mac, there must be something wrong with the communication in Apple’s Continuity feature. To solve this issue, you have to ensure that all your devices have enabled phone number and emails as ways to send and receive messages. Also, you have to make sure that all devices are using the same Apple ID. After following these steps, you should be able to solve Messages not syncing between iPhone and Mac. Here’s exactly how it is done.
- Navigate to your iPhone settings, scroll up to see “Messages” and tap on it.
- Next, tap on “Send and Receive”. From there you’ll see your Apple ID. You have to take note of it as you need to make sure that it’s the same Apple ID you are using on your Mac. You will also see all of your phone numbers along with emails which you are using for messages.
- Check or uncheck them depending on whether you want to use them for sending and receiving messages or not.
- Now on your Mac, open the Messages app. Click “Messages” at the upper left corner and then choose “Preferences”. Click on “Accounts”. From this interface, select all the emails and phone numbers you want to be associated with iMessage.
- After these steps, you may need to restart Messages. Simply go to Settings on your iPhone and then toggle iMessage to OFF. Then, toggle the switch again to turn it ON.
How to Sync Messages from iPhone to Mac
In case iMessage not syncing between Mac and iPhone still, you may sync your messages from or to Mac using ApowerManager. It is a well-known data transfer utility, which supports various files including iMessages, text messages, contacts, music, etc. With just a few simple clicks, you will be able to sync your iMessage onto your computer using this tool. It transfers files to PC in an instant and retains the original quality of the data. Aside from that, you can use this tool to backup your device either from Mac or Windows PC. Therefore, if you lost files for some reason, you can still get them back. Now let’s see how to sync messages from your iPhone to Mac.
- Download the program on your computer and install.
- Get its mobile version from the App Store on your iPhone. Then launch the app on both devices.
- After that, use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to Mac. When a prompt appears, click on “Trust” to build connection.
- Go to “Manage” tab and select “Messages” from the sidebar menu.
- Next, select all of the messages you want to transfer and then click on the “Export” button at the top of the interface. You should see your messages on Mac after following the above steps.
2. EaseUS MobiMover
Another tool to solve issues regarding iMessage not syncing between iPhone and Mac is MobiMover by EaseUS. Similarly, it allows you to transfer data from your iOS device to Mac and Mac to iPhone. This is ideal if you want to move data like messages, contacts, notes, and calendars from your old iPhone to new one. Moreover, this comes with a user-friendly interface that even a beginner can use to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac. So read on for the step-by-step procedure on how to sync iMessage using this program.
Sync Iphone Messages With Windows
- Download and install the desktop program on your Mac.
- Launch it and link your device to Mac using a lightning cable. A notification then will appear on your iPhone asking to trust the computer. Simply click on “Trust” to proceed.
- Once connected, select the “iDevice to Mac” option from the main interface.
- Then, choose “More” and put a check mark on Messages.
- Finally, click the “Transfer” button to begin copying messages from your iPhone to Mac. Once done, you should see the messages exported on your Mac.
Thanks to the Apple’s Continuity feature we are able to send and receive messages across iDevices like iPhone, iPad, and Mac. However, if you ever encountered the problem that your messages don’t appear on either your Mac or iOS device, you can try to fix it using the above-mentioned ways.
In some cases, iMessages won’t sync between your iPhone and Mac after updating to iOS 12/11, or the latest iOS 13, you may wonder how to fix it. Read this post to get some practical and effective solutions to fix the messages sync issue quickly.
iPhone Messages Tips & Tricks
View iPhone Messages
Transfer iPhone Messages
Fix iPhone Messages Problems
iPhone Group Messaging Tips
More iPhone Messages Tricks
With iMessage enabled on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac that sharing the same Apple ID, you can reach the same iMessages threads on both your iDevice and Mac. But you may probably notice that some iPhone messages not syncing with Mac after updating to iOS 13, iOS 12/11.
In this article, we are going to show you some possible fixes to solve the problem of iMessage not syncing on the Mac issue. Applied to all iPhone and Mac models, including iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s/5s and MacBook Air/Pro, iMac Pro.
Here we present you some possible solutions to fix the iMessage not syncing between your Mac and iPhone problem.
Solution 1. Turn Off iMessage and Turn On It Again
How do I sync messages from my Mac to my iPhone? The first thing you should do when faced with this problem is trying to turn off iMessage on both the Mac and the iPhone and then turn it back on.
- On your iPhone: Go to Settings > Messages > Toggle off iMessage > Wait a few seconds and turn it back on.
- On your Mac: Open Messages app and click on Preferences > Choose Accounts> Click Sign Out > Wait a few seconds then sign back in.
- After the process completes, enable iMessage on both Mac and iPhone, you can check if the iMessages sync properly.
Solution 2. Check iMessage Settings on iPhone
Make sure you have activated all email addresses you want to use with iMessage:
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Tap on Messages.
- Choose Send & Receive.
- Under “YOU CAN BE REACHED BY IMESSAGE AT”, make sure the phone number or email address is checked.
How to Fix iMessage Not Syncing with Mac
Solution 3. Check iMessage Settings on Mac
- Open the Messages app on your Mac > Click “Messages” in the top menu.
- Click “preferences > Choose “Accounts”.
- Under the “You can be reached for messages at” section, make sure the phone number and Apple ID match the settings on your iPhone.
Solution 4. Confirm the Mobile Phone Number with Apple ID
- Go to appleid.apple.com and log in with your Apple ID and password
- Under “Account” make sure you are reachable at correct phone numbers and email addresses.
Solution 5. Log in with the same Apple ID
On you Mac make sure you login with the same Apple ID as you used on the iPhone:
- Open the “Messages” app > Go to “Preferences”.
- Click on the “Accounts” button > Click Enable this account.
- Select the email address you have registered with the Apple ID.
Bonus Tip: Transfer iPhone Messages to PC/Mac in Readable Format
You can manually transfer messages from iPhone or iPad to your computer with an iPhone transfer tool named AnyTrans for iOS.
AnyTrans – iPhone Messages Sync
- Extract your SMS messages and iMessages from iPhone in 1 click.
- Allow you to view messages on computer directly.
- Save iPhone messages to computer in PDF, TEXT or HTML format.
- It also supports transferring photos, videos, music, and more.
Free Download100% Clean & Safe
Free Download100% Clean & Safe
Now, download AnyTrans for iOS on your computer and sync messages and iMessages to your Mac easily. It supports iPhone 11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6s/6/5s/SE and MacBook, MacBook Air/Pro, iMac Pro.
Alternative Way to Get iPhone Messages to Mac
The Bottom Line
That’s all about how to fix the message not syncing between iPhone and Mac. Above methods also can be used to fix the messages sync issues, like iMessage on Mac not updating, iMessage not working on Mac, etc. If you have any other advice on solving iPhone messages not syncing problem, please share it in the comment section below. At the same time, don’t forget to download AnyTrans for iOS to give it a try >
More Related Articles
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >