Jun 13, 2018 2. Audio Slow Down Software (Pro Way) Amazing Slow Downer is capable of changing the speed of an audio file up to 20% to 200% of the original. It can slow down most types of audio formats including WMA and AAC types. The software comes in different versions compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems. Moreover, it also has a downloadable. 'I also love the fact that the sound is so clear even at super slow speeds. I have a Tascam CD unit for slowing down music and can tell you that there's no comparison. The Tascam unit is very distorted at slow speeds, which makes it more difficult to figure cut the notes.' SS V5 runs on Mac (OSx) and Windows. Specifically this is Mac 10.8.
People who listen to audiobooks or prefer to take up podcasts on the road, know about such a situation as uncomfortable rhythm. Your audio track may be too slow or too fast – in general, such that you will feel really uncomfortable listening to the information. Constantly rewinding, switching on and off again in general is not very convenient.
Nowadays, modern technology has developed many applications that are designed to make our lives a little easier. Fortunately, special services have been created in order to change the pace of music. All you have to do is install the necessary application on your smartphone. So which ones will help you slow down or speed up your music? Here are 11 of the most convenient apps that are popular among users and have high ratings.
Music Speed Changer
For musicians who want to experiment a little with tempo or other aspects, Music Speed Changer is your virtual instrument. Excellent engine that preserves excellent sound quality even when stretching songs.
An excellent feature is that the pitch of your melody won’t change when its speed changes. While the standard boosters most often raise the sound level at acceleration and lower it at deceleration, Music Speed Changer leaves this task to you.
You can change the tone by 24 halftones up and down. As for the acceleration itself, it can range from 10 to 500%. You can adjust both the pitch and the speed of the sound at the same time. Music stretching is done professionally, with full preservation of the quality of your song.
In addition to speed, you can use several other instruments. For example, you can loop tracks at a certain point in time and perform high quality cyclic recording. You can play back melodies in the reverse if you want, and use the Music Speed Changer to speed up and slow down your music in general.back to menu ↑
Tempo SlowMo – BPM Music Practice Slow Downer
The dark and elegant neon design of the app immediately captures your eye. The developers wanted to do it – only the appearance of the app immediately awakens the desire to listen to songs with Tempo SlowMo over and over again. Owners of iPhone will appreciate this kind of application – it’s easy to learn and study new material, as well as do fitness, easily adjusting the rhythm of music for work.
Exporting and importing files is linked to your smartphone’s memory. For example, you can upload any track or extract from an audiobook directly to the application and process it right away. The final option, if necessary, can be saved in memory.
When you start the loop mode, Tempo SlowMo will still work in the background and you will be able to stay focused. Speaking of loop mode, if you’re learning new words or material, you can mark certain points on the audio track. In this case, Tempo SlowMo will go back there over and over again, and you will repeat the material at a certain point in time.
You don’t have to worry about your equalizer settings anymore: set the speed and halftone settings as you like and enjoy the soundtracks!back to menu ↑
GarageBand is a well-known audio application designed for Apple users. It lets you create whole new music projects where you can record sound, but also work with instruments. Feel like a real DJ, and it’s all right in your iPhone.
With GarageBand, you can even learn how to play an instrument. Record the music you’re trying to play. By slowing it down and analyzing it, you’ll know if you’re making mistakes somewhere, or if you’ve mastered the technique perfectly.
You can change the tempo of your music both for certain fragments and for the song as a whole. The most convenient thing is that both beginners and professionals can work in the application with equal success.
Various features such as DJ-style effects, various instruments (even a keyboard synthesizer), and free sound packages. If you are an iPhone or iPad user, try GarageBand – this app won’t disappoint you.back to menu ↑
Music Speed Changer: Audipo
In case you don’t bother with the tone of your music, Audipo will become a variant with the most basic functionality in the free version. If you don’t intend to pay, you will get a limited number of functions, which will be quite enough for the intended use.
In the free version you can change the speed without changing the tonality. It is also worth noting the possibility of working with fairly long audio tracks. You get full control over the playback speed. If necessary, you can mark the entire audio track, so that you can move on to the study of the desired topic whenever you want.
You can play it from where you have been returning many times. Speed can vary from 0.25 to 4.0. For example, you can speed up audio books – because usually speakers read the text measuredly and slowly and on the contrary – slow down the audio lessons.
More advanced features and editing are only available in the Premium version. There you can change the playback tone, change the speed in whole playlists and convert files to different formats after editing.back to menu ↑
Anytune is one of the most popular services and is ready to help you learn and understand music and melodies better. It has apps for iPhone and Mac, which means it targets Apple products. There are 2 versions in the mobile app – paid and free. It would be more interesting for you to learn more about free functionality.
First of all, you can save all the user settings, notes and tags in your iCloud storage. So you can work on one project on several devices simultaneously. Secondly, you can organize songs by playlists and folders. For example, musicians can work through entire albums in this way.
However, if you’re not a musician at all and just want to learn how to listen to the rhythm of music, different notes and tonalities better, you can import sound from the video. And of course, you can slow down the music.
In the free version, you can do this without changing the overall tone of the entire song. The entire audio track can be visualized so you can easily find the moment you want, even if you haven’t marked it.
Most importantly, despite the lack of payment, the developers did not insert a lot of annoying advertising. Thus, you only need to pay in Anytune if you buy the Pro+ version.back to menu ↑
Riff Studio is an application exclusively for musicians who want to improve their skills or develop themselves without the help of a mentor. If you are a musician working on music that is difficult to perceive or if you want to practice repeating music by ear, then Riff Studio is the right choice for you.
The app allows you to select a specific section of a song that will be repeated over and over again until you’ve mastered it. If necessary, you can speed it up or slow it down to make your training more productive. Speed, by the way, is measured as a percentage of the original.
Interestingly enough, you can change the tonality without changing the speed and even in half-tones. The track changes in real time, so you don’t have to wait until the file is decoded. Without advertising and absolutely free of charge, you can adjust the songs at your discretion, changing the pitch and speed.
Don’t forget that the file must be in your smartphone’s memory to be edited. You can save any track after processing without replacing the original file. Saving takes place only in the standard mp3 format.back to menu ↑
Music Editor Pitch and Speed Changer : Up Tempo
Up Tempo is an application created by musicians to facilitate their work and learning. It allows you to change the speed and pitch of a song on your device. You can do this either by using a timer or manually, choosing your own “starting point” or changing the whole song.
The interface of the application is quite simple and will not require any special knowledge from you. The soundtrack itself is presented to you as a kind of oscillogram, which displays the height and volume of sounds.
This is exactly how you make changes to the sound – for example, marking the minute you need to speed up the pace. For convenience, you can change the orientation of the images and make all the adjustments horizontally. All changes are made in real time.
In the Pro version, you can even apply the same default settings to different tracks. Song export is available in m4a and mp3 formats. Do you need a variety of songs or do you just need to speed up your songs? Then Up Tempo will not disappoint you.back to menu ↑
Music Making Software Free Mac
If many of the applications in our article are designed to change the sound of songs and their melodies, the main goal of Repeat Player is to help you learn new material. Of course, you will be able to listen to music through it, but still the main purpose is to learn.
The application itself has quite simple and clear functions. Of course, the most important one is repetition. It can be full or partial – you loop a certain part of the audio track, while controlling its playback speed.
Repeat Player supports a lot of formats, even the most non-standard ones, such as flac, rtx, wav and others. By the way, you don’t have to loop only one section – you can set repetition on several parts of the audio track. Repeat Player automatically creates a playlist of the latest songs you’ve listened to and changed – if you need to repeat them again.
In the root directory of your smartphone, Repeat Player displays only audio files – this is very convenient when you’re looking for something specific. You select a file from the directory and it opens in an editable form. So you can set an infinite number of repetitions and split the song into a huge number of sections – but why would you do that?
You may also like: 15 Best podcast apps for Android & iOSback to menu ↑
Music Speed Changer (Classic)
Constant updates in applications are good, of course, but some people still prefer to use only one version. Music Speed Changer guarantees you the same version as long as your smartphone supports it. Automatic updates will never bother you.
With the Music Speed Changer, you can of course change the speed of the songs that are downloaded to your smartphone’s memory. You also change the pitch of the sound, and most importantly, you can adjust these settings independently of each other.
You can create looped areas of the sound file that can also be slowed down or accelerated. Also, in any version of the application you can play soundtracks in reverse.
By the way, if you use Google Play Music and buy songs there, you can’t edit them in Music Speed Changer. To do this, you will need to download all these songs again through the browser version. This is because Google Play Music gives you access to DRM files and the application only works with MP3 format.back to menu ↑
TimePitch – Song Pitch and Speed Changer
It’s probably gonna be incredibly difficult to find an application that’s easier than TimePitch. The title already shows all the functionality. All you can do is change the tempo and speed of your music – the developers didn’t fool you! In fact, TimePitch is a music player with a little bit of unusual features.
Every smartphone has its own music library. You can create playlists and entire albums from it. TimePitch accesses this library and starts playing tracks from there using the Tempo and Rhythm functions.
Graphically, these settings are represented in the app as two sliders that you can use to control playback. In fact, you can simply play with these settings, setting a convenient and enjoyable speed. The app allows you to learn the basics of creating melodies, and also allows you to adjust some of the soundtracks.
A nice bonus is that TimePitch supports multiple interface languages. Use TimePitch as your basic music player so you can adjust your songs. The only thing you’ll have to put up with is the ads in the app.
You may also like: 15 Free music streaming apps for Android & iOSback to menu ↑
Software To Slow Down Music For Mac Windows 10
Music Tempo Slow Down
Do you mainly use virtual music libraries? Do you use Apple Music, Spotify or other resources to get music and podcasts? Now you can edit any songs and melodies right on your smartphone without downloading extra files or wasting memory.
Music Tempo Slow Down gives you access to editing audio from YouTube, TrueFire and other music catalogs. You can speed up and slow down tracks from 50% to 200%. In the free version, you can change the tonality by 12 halftones up and down, and you’ll always be able to see the original tempo and speed.
Music Tempo Slow Down is available with 1/100 tones of fine-tuning audio. As in any other similar application, the developers have also provided a paid version. In it you can determine your tempo, enable automatic bit setting and even press the keys yourself!
In the application itself you can loop a track or even record what you have created yourself. Scale up your tracks or songs and create something new – the originality of the product is always appreciated!
Being in love with music is great. Those people who at any age want to learn to play a musical instrument cause respect and genuine interest. The same situation with learning languages – the more people know, the more interesting they are to others.
Now you can easily track your mistakes when playing musical instruments, and improve your knowledge of languages. Don’t stop there and always try to learn something new – and the applications in our article will help you.
We tried to introduce you to the services that will suit many people – both for iOS and Android. Don’t hesitate and follow the download link right now.
Too often people upgrade only to find their problems begin, or persist.
If you need help with a slow Mac running a Mac operating system, please be prepared to answer these questions, or find out how to get the answer to these questions.
Etrecheck, a software written by one of our fellow contributors, is a software that has been useful in isolating many of the issues below:
Look at these troubleshooting steps. Find
1. If MacKeeper was installed, and if it is, remove it with the instructions in this tip:
2. If any other system cache cleaner is installed. If there is, contact the vendor on how to remove it.
3. If the possibility your hard drive is over 85% full exists.
4. If Spotlight hasn't finished indexing. (does not apply to 10.3.9 or earlier). Clicking on the icon in the upper right that looks like:
(it may have a different color), will reveal if Spotlight is indexing, or is ready to search. Going to Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Spotlight -> Privacy will show if a specific folder or drive is ignored by your last Spotlight index.
5. If you are attempting to multitask with a Time Machine backup going on. (does not apply to 10.4.11 or earlier)
6. If permissions are damaged. Often a problem when using pre-2006 Classic environment on PowerPC Macs. See #10 how to identify Macs.
7. If third party software or drivers hasn't been tested with your installed operating system.
8. If You migrated data from a different Mac CPU type. I.e. from PowerPC to Intel, or Intel to PowerPC. See 10 on how to identify Macs.
9. If energy saver isn't giving some peripheral problems, because the peripheral doesn't understand low power mode.
10. If the possibility exists that there is marginal hardware on
Intel Macs or PowerPC Macs
Use: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6413 to determine if you have PowerPC or Intel.
11. If you have had 4 language screens forcing you to restart your Mac, that's significant, and indicates what is known as a kernel panic.
Usually an issue relating to the hardware, though sometimes a directory may be damaged, or sometimes a bad or incompatible driver is installed.
Running the hardware test for Intel Macs or PowerPC Macs
will indicate if some RAM is bad, but not all RAM. Any errors found with it are significant.
12. If you don't have a current system, find out if a website you are visiting needs a newer plugin for Java, Flash, etc...(10.7.2 or earlier do not run a current Java. 10.6.7 or earlier do not run a current Flash. But updating to those is only necessary for a few websites. Check before updating to ensure you don't make yourself incompatible in other ways). Before updating to 10.7 or later, be sure to read this tip about compatibility first: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6271
13. If your data is backed up from before or after the upgrade, and we can isolate other issues. Without a backup, we can't say if the solution might be worse than the problem.
https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-1992 - tells you how to backup a functional system.
https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-1689 - tells you how to recover a system that is not functional or able to boot so at least other issues can be
14. Slowdown to internet applications may be due to third party router firmware not being up to date, too many machines using the router, an insecure router not using WPA2 connectivity (802.11b original Apple Airport can't use it, and it is better to get a WiFi ethernet bridge with at least 802.11g), proxy servers, and bad DNS issues which http://www.opendns.org/ can resolve. Additional WiFi related issues are documented on this tip:
15. A bad iTunes install, or one that isn't properly updated for the system may cause slow down. If you are trying to isolate that as a possibility, note the path to the iTunes Helper which is loaded in your System Preferences -> Accounts (Users and Groups in some versions of Mac OS X), Login Items (startup items in other versions of Mac OS X)
You can use the Finder's Go to Folder command in the Go menu to reload that program after removing it from your Login Items and troubleshooting the situation.
16. Peer2peer sharing software, torrent software, both make your machine into a software server. This can slowdown your overall internet. Do not get software from such sources, as most are illegal. If you have trouble finding software for your operating system, visit http://www.roaringapps.com/ if using Mac OS X 10.7 or later, or ask on this board where to find software that is legal that does what you need.
17. If your Mac is backed up, then's the time to see if a directory repair is necessary:
18. Often times, you will see the system slowdown and get a spinning color circle indicating it is busy. After a certain amount of time, if you can risk losing the data that has not been saved on the application, force quitting the application with command-option-escape key sequence is a possibility.
If command-option-escape does not work, it may indicate one of the aforementioned issues is happening. Command and Option keys may look like some variation of:
On non-Apple keyboards the Windows key usually takes the place of the Command key, and the Alt key usually the Option key. Though Microsoft has made a patch for its keyboards that forces the two keys to switch their assigned Apple keystroke, since they are in reverse orientation of the Apple keyboard. The Escape key is typically just labelled ESC.
19. You may not experience any of the above issues with games or high end graphics applications. The graphics processor unit (GPU) recommended by the developer should be the one you have installed on your computer. Any others, and speed may be an issue with those programs. It is not to be confused with RAM or your CPU.
20. Migrating data from PowerPC Macs. See first #10 to see if you had a PowerPC Mac you were migrating from. If you did, you may have brought over some drivers the Intel Mac does not understand in the Migration or Setup Assistant. If there is a chance this may have happened, you should see this tip on migration which avoids the issue:
21. Notifications can slow Mac OS X 10.9 down. Go to Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Notifications to disable those notifications you don't need.
Free Music For Mac
22. iCloud syncing (in 10.7.2 and later) can slow things down. Manage iCloud through the System Preferences to ensure syncing only happens when you need it. iSync in Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier can also slow things down when you don't need it.