Last Updated, March 21, 2019.
In general, you are able to control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our website. You are not required to provide us with any personally identifiable information as a visitor of this website. However, if you wish to purchase and/or use a certain service, we need to collect certain personal information in order to conduct the transaction.
We may process certain types of data about you when you interact with us. This may include information such as:
- Data used for identification purposes such as first name, last name, and email.
- Contact data such as billing address, email address, and telephone number.
- Technical data such as login data, IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, device type and operating system version.
- Transition data which may include details about purchases made by you on our website.
- Profile data such as purchases or orders, and your preferences
- Usage data such as how you use our website, products, and services
- Marketing and communications data such as your preference in receiving marketing communications from us
We do not collect any sensitive data on our website. Sensitive data includes information like SSN or similar identification number, race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, health and/or biometric data, or data about criminal convictions or offenses. At no time should you submit your sensitive data to this site.
Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to us, and information about how you interact with the website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. We may, however, disclose your personal information to trusted third parties who work with or on behalf of us to provide products and services. We will never share your information with untrusted or unrelated third parties.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Depending on how you interact with our website, the following third parties may have access to your personal information and computer information:
- Google Apps and Google Analytics (Mountain View, California): We use Google Analytics to track and analyze website visits and usage. Google Analytics tracks your visit using a unique User ID to record user flow, language, browser and operating system, internet service provider, and device(s) used to access this website. We may analyze this information in bulk to improve our services. User IP addresses—considered by some to be a form of personal data—are anonymized. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- SiteGround (Chicago, Illinois): Our website is hosted on a SiteGround server. Any data you submit via our website is stored in a database located on this server, except in relation to credit card information entered during a transaction. Such private data is handled securely via Stripe.
- Stripe (San Francisco, California): Stripe is our main payment processor and is used if you choose to make a purchase through this website or contract our services. Please read below to view more information about this.
- Dubsado (Burbank, California): We use Dubsado to manage client information and requested voluntarily submitted through this website in relation to service requests.
- MailerLite ( ): We collect email addresses, manage and maintain our email list, and send marketing emails with MailerLite. Please read below to view more information about this.
Do Not Track Requests
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Usage and retention
Information is collected and/or stored for the following usages:
- deliver/provide you with our services
- provide you with an optimal user experience
- accounting & administrative tasks, like doing our taxes, and for required legal purposes
- analyze trends among our users
We store this information for up to ten years.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that optimize your experience with this website may not function properly.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Making a Purchase
If you decide to purchase a product from our online shop, we will collect this information from you:
- Your first and last name
- Your billing address
- Your email address
We use this information to register you as a customer to process your order, deliver your product/service, and complete your order or transaction with us. We may store some or all of this information for a reasonable period of time as outlined above for both accounting purposes and as verifiable information about your purchase.
You do not have to create an account with us in order to make your purchase and are not given the option to. Your orders will be associated with your email address and any other information you provide, and this information can be modified at any time.
Should you choose to contact me via any contact form on my website, we collect and store your name, email address, and any other data you submit via the form. This is transmitted to our email inboxes at Gmail and stored on our server. We do not use any information you submit via a contact form for promotional or marketing purposes.
If you choose to make a comment on one of our pages or posts that have comments enabled, we collect and store your name, email address, and any other data or information you submit via the contact form. Your IP address is also recorded, along with a browser user agent string to help in spam detection.
Your comment information is stored within our website and displayed publicly indefinitely. If you would like to remove your comment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Additionally, this website may contain links to other websites which are not operated or necessarily affiliated with us. We have no control over what these websites may contain and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Our Newsletter & Marketing Emails
Should you choose to opt in to receive our newsletter and other marketing emails from us, you will receive promotional emails about our products or services (along with other information that we hope you find useful, and some exclusive free content!). In the case that you decide you no longer want to receive these emails from us, you can unsubscribe at any time. The unsubscribe link is available at the bottom of each marketing email we send. Our marketing emails contain tracking pixels that tell us if you open the email or not; if you clicked on a hyperlink contained in the newsletter; and your location.
We manage, maintain, and send emails to those on our email marketing list with the third-party service, MailerLite. MailerLite stores your name and email address, as well as location data, on their servers. They hold your data indefinitely. You can update your subscriber settings or request to have your account removed altogether by contacting MailerLite.
We safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure through access control procedures, network firewalls, and physical security measures. Unfortunately, no transition of data over the internet can be considered 100% secure. By providing us with your personal information, you acknowledge that this information could be accessed by a third party. We are not responsible for any information shared through our website without our knowledge or permission. If we have reason to believe your personal information was accessed by someone without our permission, we will inform you promptly.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com