There are a few different ways to get your photos and videos from the camera to your computer.
Gopro Hero 5 App For Mac
SmilePowo 42-in-1 Action Camera Accessorries Kit Mount for GoPro Hero 8 Max 7 6 5 4 3 3+ 2 1 Black GoPro 2018 Session Fusion Silver Insta360 DJI AKASO APEMAN YI Campark SJCAM XIAOMI (Carrying Case) 4.5 out of 5 stars 540. Neighbors App Real-Time Crime & Safety Alerts Amazon Subscription Boxes Top subscription boxes.
We do not recommend using a USB Hub or Media Reader.
#1 - Use Quik for desktopHEADS UP: This feature is currently supported only on the HERO7 Black or earlier cameras. Newer cameras may or may not work as expected when connected via USB cable.
Please refer to this link on How to Import Using Quik for Desktop
If your camera is not being recognized in Quik for desktop, please refer to this article
#2 - Use an SD Adapter
If you have an SD adapter for your MicroSD card, you can insert the Micro SD card into the adapter and insert the adapter into your computer.
- Open a new Finder window. Your SD card will be on the left sidebar under the 'devices' section.
- Double-click on your SD card, and you should see two folders: DCIM and MISC.
- Now double-click on the DCIM folder. In that, you'll see a folder named 100GOPRO. (Note - if you took more than 9999 pictures or videos, you'll see 101GOPRO, 102GOPRO, 103GOPRO, etc. folders).
- From there you can drag & drop the files from your SD card to your computer.
Method #3 - Automatically with Image Capture
Image Capture allows you to:
- Import files to a location of your choice
- Delete files
- View files before importing
Select the file(s) you want to Import and select Import, or Import All if you want to import everything.
Method #4 - Manually with Image Capture
If you do not have Image Capture set up to automatically launch when you connect your camera, you can easily do it manually.
- Select the magnifying glass in the top-right of your desktop.
- In the Spotlight section type either: Image Capture or iPhoto
Once the selected application opens, you can import your files just like in Method #2.
How to setup Image Capture to launch automatically
To set up Image Capture to launch automatically when you connect your camera you must first either launch Image Capture. From there it's just a matter of selecting the desired program.
In Image Capture there is a setting in the lower left called: 'Connecting this camera opens:'. It gives you the option to select No Application, iPhoto, or Image Capture. Select Image Capture.