1. Windows Movie Maker
- Mac On Pc Free
- Free Video Software For Mac And Pc Download
- Free Video Software For Mac And Pc Computer
- Free Video Software For Mac And Pc Free
- Mac Software Download For Pc
Windows Movie Maker is Microsoft software that offers the ability to create and edit videos on any PC. Its features include everything you need to make a home movie or edit a video file quickly and easily, including auto Movie, audio track, timeline narration, video effects, adding titles/credits, and video transitions.
Get the application for free here.
As there are so many on the market, we’ve put together a selection of 7 of the best free video editing software on the internet. 7 free and easy to use video editing software Some of the software listed below are all recommended for either both Windows and Mac. Fully loaded, forever free. You got talent and the drive, so we give you what you need, free video editing software. Because you shouldn’t have to pay to play. And that way, we get to be a part of your origin story — which is pretty awesome. Get access to the world’s most powerful free video editing and VFX software for Mac or PC. One open-source, versatile, and free script writing software, Kit Scenarist is available for Mac, PC and Linux operating systems. The mobile version of Kit Scenarist allows you to work on it on the go. Download the free video editing and VFX software used by over 5 million creatives worldwide. 400+ effects, 70+ hours of video tutorials, perfect for beginners. Get access to the world’s most powerful free video editing and VFX software for Mac or PC. Join our growing community of 5.3 million filmmakers and content creators today. Apr 07, 2020 Free Video Editing Software If you don't want to invest a lot of money and effort into your video editing exploits, there are a few free options. Of course, if you use a Mac, the excellent iMovie.
Filmora is a video editing tool on Windows for beginners and is easy to learn. They also offer FilmoraGo for editing video on any mobile device. The tool offers features like 4K support, GIF support, noise removal, uploading photos directly to social media, color tuning, and the option to flip video clips or play them backwards, as well as playing them up to one hundred times faster or slower.
You can download the tool for Windows here.
Or FilmoraGo for Android here.
Mac On Pc Free
For more advanced features at an increased price, you can look here.
Lumen5 is a video editing tool that has over ten million free media files. Features include creating unlimited videos, intelligent media matching, text-to-video technology which easily transforms articles and blog posts into video content, 480p video quality, and automated videos from RSS.
You can get started for free here. For more features, check plan prices here.
Blender is a free 3D content creation software suite that offers a range of basic-yet-efficient video editing tools. Its features include window layouts and shortcuts can be fully customized, sculpting, retopology, modeling, powerful simulation tools, and game prototyping, as well as interactive visualizations and a multiple pipeline tool that is pivotal in many productions.
It is free to use and can download it here.
5. CyberLink PowerDirector
CyberLink PowerDirector is video editor to replace Windows Movie Maker. It is the first 360-degree video editor for VR footage, and is most capable and fastest consumer-level video editing software for Windows. Its features offer free video templates plus MultiCam editing. You can edit travel videos on the go much more easily with its new Collage Designer.
You can download a free trial, or buy the full version here.
6. Adobe Premiere Elements
Adobe Premiere Elements is a video editing software that can access templates from Adobe Stock. Its features offer immersive 360/VR audio and video editing. It has auto-ducking music that set the volume of music to automatically lower during sections of dialogue. It has a Lumetri Color tool that offers color and lighting adjustment.
You can download a free trial or buy the full version here.
Lightworks is a free video editor used by many professional film editors today. Its features include easy timeline trimming and editing, real-time, ready-to-use video and audio FX, easy-access royalty-free video and audio content, simple and intuitive user interface, and the editor can export video in up to 4K.
It has a free 7-day trial: just register to extend and upgrade to Pro for more features here.
8. Nero Video
Nero Video is a video editing software that provides excellent resolution and the highest video quality around. It can easily transfer videos from external hard drives, USB, mobile devices, and camcorders to your computer for further editing. It has more than 50 movie templates and a lot of visual effects for any project. It offers export and burn features that you can edit, design and save to discs.
Free Video Software For Mac And Pc Download
Download your 15-day trial versions here. For more features, you can upgrade to the full version here.
9. Corel VideoStudio
Corel VideoStudio is a video editing software that has over 2,000 sophisticated effects. It can edit 360-video and adjust the speed of playback. Its features offer 360 degree video editing enhancement, 3D title editor, split screen video and template creator, lens correction tools, and premium effects.
You can download a free trial here. For more features, buy the full version here.
Free Video Software For Mac And Pc Computer
VSDC is a video and audio editor that has a wide variety of multimedia processing tools in one free video software suite. It supports all video and audio formats, including GoPro, DVD, and HD. It can import video from external devices to any computer in a free, easy-to-use format.
Download your free video editor here. For more features, you can check out the Pro version here here.
Free Video Software For Mac And Pc Free
If you liked this post, here are some other articles you might love:
Why do you need a free video editing software
As with any good video in order to get it right it’ll need some edits. Editing your videos shouldn’t be that expensive either as there are some good, free, safe and easy to use video editing software in the internet.
Video editing has been made easy by tools that are readily available online. However, not all programs do what they're supposed to. A lot of such freeware packages are harmful and contain spyware/adware. Nevertheless, there’re a lot that are quite professional and there are even some that come without watermarks.
As there are so many on the market, we’ve put together a selection of 7 of the best free video editing software on the internet.
7 free and easy to use video editing software
Mac Software Download For Pc
Some of the software listed below are all recommended for either both Windows and Mac.
Openshot is a great free video editing software for beginners who wants to edit YouTube videos. It has a very easy drag and drop facility that is much like that of iMovie and it’s excellent for making special occasion films.
- The software is available for PC running Windows 10, 8 and 7. It’s also compatible with Linux and Mac platforms.
- It caters for both the novice user and the more experienced one.
- The program’s advanced timeline allows for panning, scrolling, zooming, snapping and easy drag and drop.
- The package comes with a whole trove of 3D animated subtitles, you can create titles or choose some from the hose of templates it has.
- The software is a full open source system.
- It doesn’t have a very comprehensive help section.
If you’re looking for a professional video editing system then Lightworks is one of the best on the internet. This software is jammed full of useful utilities and features that more meet the needs of any user. It comes with a $25 per month Pro Version but the free version is more than adequate for most people’s editing needs.
- Video trimming to the highest precision standard.
- It supports almost all video formats and allows for 720p video export to Youtube.
- It comes with all the standard and advanced video features.
- It’s one of the top packages for all kinds of video editing.
- The software is supported on Windows, Linux and Mac operating system platforms.
- The video support in 4K for YouTube is only an option in the paid Pro version of the software.
- It’s not user-friendly for a beginner.
As with most iProducts they’re relatively easy to use and come with just enough utilities and features. It’s a really great package in which anyone with a Mac can learn the basics of video editing. iMovie has easy to use drag and drop features, it’s very intuitive but there is only so much you can do with this software.
- It’s one of the best program packages for Mac users to learn how to edit a video.
- Its features are very easy to use.
- 4k/60fps Video Recording with the Sony IMX377 Image Sensor capturing high-quality video in full High Definition (HD) and 12MP still images.
- Available only on Mac.
- The software has limited features.
- Slow / sluggish rendering time.
Windows Movie Maker
Movie Maker is a hand free app that comes with Windows. It’s a very easy to use and simple piece of software that allows a person to add various background music, effects, titles and transitions to their videos. It has come a long way since it was first released.
- It’s a system application that comes standard with Windows 7, 8.
- Easy to use timeline for adding clips.
- Has all the basic functions like slow motion, speed-up, trimming, video playback preview, etc.
- Enables the user to edit and capture feed direct for the PC camera.
- Excellent for beginners wanting to learn how to do some video editing before going into a more complicated application.
- Only available on the Windows 7 and 8 platform.
- Limited functionality and features.
- Windows 10 no longer supports Movie Maker. For the OS you have to get Movie Moments from the store.
- People experienced in video editing will be limited with this application.
VSDC Video Editor
VSDC is one of the best apps. However, the problem with this application is that it’s only available for Windows users. It’s also quite expensive to get support on a problem because the free version doesn’t come with free support. The will charge you a monthly cost of $9.99 or a yearly one of $14.99. If you choose to buy the Pro version for $19.99 the support is free, and it unlocks a host of great functions.
- The software is available only on the Windows Operating System Platform.
- Although VSDC free version comes with some power packed features, it does lack in quite a bit of powerful features and functionality.
- VSDC comes standard with audio editing and correction of color.
- The software is really easy to use.
- Most of the features are available only in the Pro version.
- Support of the product is free only for a paid Pro member or if you pay for a month / a year.
If you’re looking for a software to learn how to edit, then this option is for you. It’s very easy to use and it has some great basic features and tasks. Avidemux is powerful in its simplicity and gives the novice user a great place to build the video editing knowledge.
- Simple video editing applications for beginners.
- The software hasn’t got a lot of technical jargon, you don’t really even need to read the manual or help documents.
- Few basic editing functions like filtering, encoding and easy cutting features.
- It’s really limited in its functionality and features.
- The app is not designed for anything other than the simplest video editing.
VideoPad is one of those small applications that end up being hugely surprising. It’s like a super version of Movie Maker.
- For use with most Windows Operating system platforms.
- Simple and has great features that are helpful for a beginner user.
- It has a lot of powerful editing tools that even more experienced user will find it good for video editing.
- The software is compatible for video uploads to media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube.
- It supports various video file formats giving a wider editing choice.
- The editor is completely free for people who are using it for non-commercial use.
- Handy drag and drop features for quick easy timeline video creations which is good for making special occasion film montages.
- It comes loaded with special video effects, features and filters.
- The software has several different transition setting.
- It doesn’t have as many special features and effects as some of its competitors.