Screen recording has become one of the best methods to create a footage of your desktop activity with ease. There might be several occasions when you want to capture your gameplay, record streaming videos, or either make some video tutorials or software reviews on your Mac. In case these circumstances arise, a good screen recorder is necessary. Actually, there are lots of screen recording software that are available online. However, most of these tools only offer paid version or have a poor recording quality. In this article, we will introduce the best free screen recorder for Mac.
- Free Video Camera Recording Software For Mac Download
- Video Recording App For Mac
- Video Software For Mac Free
- Free Recording Software For Mac Osx
Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder
Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder is a free but in the meantime very comprehensive program that you can use to create high-quality videos. With the help of this tool, you will have an easy access to the experience of using a brilliant screen activity recorder that doesn’t leave any watermark at all on your video after a successful registration. Moreover, this program can capture your desktop activity together with the audio coming from your system and microphone. Overall, there is surely no doubt that Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder is one of the best free screen recorders for Mac available on the market. To utilize this program, you can follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder.
- On the main page of the site you can click the “Start Recording” button to launch the screen recorder.
- Once you launched it, you can set to record screen or webcam, custom recording area, and change audio input, etc. You can also go to settings and make some configurations.
- Once done settings, hit the red recording button to start recording. During the recording process, you can add a webcam to your screen, and you can even add some annotations to it.
- After you have finalized the recording, click the stop button to stop it. At this point, a preview window will pop up. On the preview window, you can save the video by clicking the “Save video” button, or even share the video with your friends by clicking the share button.
APowerSoft is designed for recording on screen activities on a Mac. It allows for the recording of the full screen or just a small area on a Mac. It allows for the simultaneous recording of multiple audio sources and makes syncing audio and video easy. The smartest video surveillance software for the Mac. Sighthound Video enables you to quickly set up an intelligent video surveillance system using your Mac. Sighthound Video works with most IP cameras and webcams and is perfect for home or business use. Now available for free. Download Now.
Monosnap is another mentionable flexible program specifically developed for Mac OS. You can use this program not only to record your screen but also to take quick screenshots in case you need to use it as a powerful screen recording software. In addition, this tool can be used as a storage software. This program can also offer the option of capturing your webcam, microphone or system sound as you can just set it before you start recording according to your need. Aside from that, the mentioned program can record in 60 fps. This means that you can record smoothly even you are playing high framerate games. If you want to use this free video recording software for Mac, you may follow the steps below.
- Download and install Monosnap.
- After successfully finalizing the installation, click the Monosnap’s drop down menu, then choose “Record Video” to start recording.
- In case you want to stop this program from recording, just click its drop down menu again then click “Finish recording” to end it. Afterwards, your recording will be saved automatically, and you can check it right away at the location of your choice of saving.
The next free screen recording tool for Mac that you can rely on according to our list is OBS Studio. This is a free and open source screen recorder that is available on both Windows, Mac, and Linux. The suggested program will allow you to capture real-time activities and create excellent live streaming videos. Moreover, this program has the ability to incorporate footage from your previous recordings or add exiting videos. On the other side, this program is to some degree complicated, in the sense that you can take certain time familiarizing its interface and configurations. Here are the steps on how to use this program.
- First of all you need to have OBS Studio installed in your computer.
- Once you have it, launch OBS, then click “Scene” > “Source” > “Add Icon”, and then click “Windows Capture”.
- After the previous step is done, a pop up window will show and allow you to rename your video you are going to record. Once done, click the “OK” button to proceed.
- Next, select the window you want to record.
- Lastly, you only need to hit the “Start Recording” button to initiate recording. Once done recording, just click the top button to end it.
Another free screen recording software for Mac is Jing by Techsmith that has been very popular on the market for a long time. This program is very simple and easy to use that are the pillars of its popularity. It comes with a movable sun icon that can be placed anywhere on your display, which enables you to easily utilize its function. Aside from screen recording, you can use this tool to take screenshots and edit it right after capturing. However, this program can only record up to 5 minutes. If you are still interested to use this program despite its time limitation, you can follow these steps.
- First and foremost, download and install this program on your pc from the official Techsmith website.
- Hit the “Sun” icon and select “Capture”.
- Once you are inside the options panel, simply adjust the frame according to your preference then select “Capture video”.
- To stop the recording, simply hit the “Stop” button, and then the recorded file will automatically pop up for preview.
The last recording program for Mac is the Quicktime Player. This is an extensible multimedia framework that can be used not only to record videos but also to play, edit and share videos on Mac. This tool can be characterized with that it has a very intuitive interface which makes it very easy to use even for beginners. This program can create footage of your Mac screen with a web camera or iPhone screen. You can follow the instructions below to capture your screen using this best free screen recorder for Mac.
- To begin with, you have to launch Quicktime Player at the first hand.
- Once you see the interface, click “File” and select “New Screen Recording”, then a screen recording window will pop up. On this window, you can configure your recording settings. After configuring, hit the red round recording button to start recording your screen.
- Once done with the complete recording process, click the “Stop” button in the menu bar, then your recorded file will automatically pop up.
As you can see, the aforementioned programs are the currently best free Mac screen recording software you can find on the market. You can decide which program you will use for your recording. I highly recommend Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder. Compared to the other programs above, this program can be used to quickly record your screen, audio, as well as a webcam as it is a web-based application. Aside from that, it has an easy interface and even beginners can use it.
I recently purchased a new iMac and I was wondering how I can film a video using the camera built into my iMac that can be posted on YouTube/Myspace and watched by viewers everywhere.
- From Yahoo Answer
People decide to record video footage from their Macbook/iMac camera for a variety of reasons. Some people want to record a video to have on hand; record a presentation to use at a later date; share touching moments with friends and family; or put the video up on websites as mentioned above.
Solution 1: Record Video with Video Recording Software for Mac
There are a large amount of video recording software that have been designed for recording a video using a webcam. Among them is MacX Video Converter Pro, which owns the ability to record video with Mac's built-in camera (or external connected camera) and convert the recorded video to various formats for an terrific enjoyment on a website, a blog or on popular devices like iPhone 7/6s/6s Plus/6/5C/5s, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, iPod, PSP, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge+/Note series, Google Android, HTC 10, Sony Xperia Z4/3, etc.
How to Record Video from iMac/Macbook with High Definition Quality
Free download this video screen recording on iMac or MacBook. After the download is finished, run the video capturing software for Mac and follow the wizard instructions.
Step 1: Hit the 'video recorder' tab on the main interface, the video recorder window will pop up.
Step 2: Click 'Setting' button to choose the devices for video and audio recording.
Step 3: Select a destination folder to save your recorded video by clicking 'Browse' button.
Step 4: After finishing the steps above, press 'Start Record' button record video on iMac/MacBook Pro 2017. You can stop the video recording process at any time.
Note: The recorded video will be added to convert list by default, so you can choose to convert the recorded video to MP4, MOV, FLV, AVI, etc and transfer video to mobile devices like HTC 10, Galaxy S7 edge+, Kindle Fire, Google Pixel, Surface Pro 4, etc.
You can also edit the video as you like, such as trim video clips, crop the video size, merge video files, add watermark and load an external subtitle file (.ssa, .ass, .srt) to personalize your recorded video.
Free Video Camera Recording Software For Mac Download
Solution 2: with Free Online Video Recorder
cameratag.com, familiar? If not, okay, it's time to go closer to this powerful video recording website. This free online video recorder is specially designed for video recording lovers who would like to record video clips, upload DIY video to website for sharing and playback video on mobile device. And no matter you are a newbie or pro, you can easily master the key points of video recording, because it's just so easy to use.
See, first of all, open this website and click on 'See it in Action' button on the bottom of the record camera area.
Next, your're brought into a new page with three options for you: record from webcam; upload a file; record from a phone. of course, here we're supposed to choose record from webcam.
Thirdly, this online video recorder will automatically detect the camera built-in your Mac or external webcam.
Finally, you can begin to record HD video from MacBook Air or MacBook Prowith this free online video recorder once it sucessfully connects to your webcam.
Solution 3: with Apple Built-in Camera
You can record a video with your iSight or FaceTime HD camera (the built-in Apple cameras are not called webcams) by opening iMovie, Photo Booth, or QuickTime. The process is rather self-explanatory once those apps are open. Here I gonna show you how to use iMovie to record a video with iSight.
Step 1: Open iMovie, and click the camera button on the left side of the toolbar.(Or you can select File > Import From Camera or press Command-I.)
Step 2: Then iMovie will fire up a window called Import From: Built-In iSight. You'll see a preview of yourself--sit up straight, press the Capture button, name your new Event, and once again hit on Capture button.
Step 3: Followed by Stop button if you have finished your video recording.
Step 4: Find out your recording video clips in the Event Library at the bottom of the screen. You can open to watch it or import to iMovie to edit this video clips.
How to Unlock protection from iTunes Video on Mac for Limitless Playback on Android Mobiles and Tablets
To Unlock protection from iTunes Video on Mac can be an easy task as long as you have a DRM removal tool. MacX Video Converter Pro is the ultimate solution for the removal of DRM by simply recording screen video on Mac and transfering the iTunes rental or purchased videos to Android devices at ease.
Video Recording App For Mac
Top 10 Free Screen Recorder to Capture Screen on Mac OS
Wanna record screen video on Mac to make tutorial or record game video? Try MacX Video Converter Pro. Its built-in screen recording software can record screen activity on Mac with excellent output video quality, so that you can play them on devices and upload to YouTube.
Video Software For Mac Free
Top 3 Free Online Screen Recorder to Record Screen
Want to make screen grabs on your Mac? Free screen recorder for Mac can be the solid choice for Mac screen recording. This article will show you top 10 best free Mac screen recorders to for tutorial, gameplay video, product demonstration capturing on Mac OS.
Free Recording Software For Mac Osx
Author: Candice Liu Updated on May 25, 2020