- iPhone Backup/Restore
- iTunes Backup/Restore
by Jenefey AaronUpdated on 2020-03-12 / Update for Data Recovery
Carbon Copy Cloner is a great tool for creating a clone or copy of your hard drive (download a free trial here). Boot from your old drive by starting your computer and pressing the 'Option' key. When you see the drive listing, select the icon for your original drive. Hard drive cloning software, free download - Hard Drive Upgrader, EASIS Drive Cloning Free, Hard Drive Copy, and many more programs.
Disk cloning can be described as the process of creating an uncompressed replica into another drive from your system’s hard drive. It is more commonly referred to as disk imaging in which the hard drive is backed up to a compressed file. This has majorly become important as our system’s hard drive crashes more often than ever. In order to be prepared for such a scenario, disk cloning is very important. A disk cloning software can make this entire process of disk cloning very simple. A disk cloning software can be useful even when you are trying to upgrade or switch out the hard drive of your system. Through disk cloning the system’s data and the installed software are preserved which eliminates the need to re-install several programs. Here are some of the best free cloning software for Windows or Mac systems which can prove useful to you in many ways.
Top 10 Recommended Cloning Software on Window/Mac
Here are some of the best free cloning software for Windows or Mac systems which can prove useful to you in many ways.
Top 1: Tenorshare Free Data Backup
Tenorshare Data Backup is the best free cloning software 2018 for Windows and is highly professional software which makes the process of backing up all the files and programs on your system pretty simple. By making use of this tool, your system’s photos, videos, audio files and other documents and programs can be restored easily in case you hard drive crashes. Here is how you can use this hard drive cloning software free for disk cloning.
Step 1: From the main interface of this software, click on “Disk to Disk”.
Step 2: Here, you would have to choose your source drive and the target drive.
Step 3: The progress of the disk cloning process will be displayed on the screen.
Once done, your system’s drive would be cloned.
Top 2: Paragon Drive Copy Professional
Mac Hard Drive Copy Software Free
Paragon Drive Copy Professional is one of the best cloning software 2017 and is a feature packed software which is perfect for advanced system users at home. It has the all in one hard disk manager which functions pretty efficiently. Other features of this disk cloning software includes recovery, backup, wiping and partition management.
- User friendly interface.
- Easy to use.
- Lacks a few advanced features.
- Customer service needs improvement.
- Takes a lot of time to complete many operations.
Top 3. Acronis Disk Director 12
Acronis Disk Director 12 is one of the best free image clone software which is great for disk management of your system. This free disk clone software windows 10 is developed for the Windows PCs and laptops and makes the processes and operations run on the device smoothly. It comes with a free trial version which can be tried out prior to purchasing this product.
- Very powerful and easy to use.
- Has every feature which is required by you to adjust your partitions and drives in a simple way.
- The demo version has a limit of 100 MB.
- Very expensive in comparison to the products from its competitors.
- Does not support BTRFS or ext4.
Top 4: Macrium Reflect Free v7
Macrium Reflect Free v7 is a PC backup solution which has been developed by Paramount Software. This ssd clone software is loaded with several advanced features which are perfect for every high level tech PC users. The backup and restore feature’s performance is great in this disc cloning software free.
- Processing speed is very high.
- Very powerful software.
- Compression rate is average.
- Significant learning curves is posed by the interface.
Best Cloning Software
Top 5: EaseUS Todo Backup Free
EaseUS Todo Backup is pretty easy to use. The best part about this hard drive cloning software is that it is available for free of cost. You can backup music, photos, system, documents and so much more on your PC with the help of this free disk cloning software. It integrates very well with Windows laptops and PCs.
- File and image backup is great.
- Erasing and cloning drives and partition is easy.
- Not very fast like the older versions.
- Does not have the advanced features of a drive management tool.
Top 6: Clonezilla
Clonezilla is an excellent disk/ssd cloning software which helps the users in processes like backup, recovery and system deployment. There are overall three types of this program from which you can choose from based on whether you need it for a single machine restore or backup or for massive deployment.
- It is free of cost.
- Works across multiple platforms.
- Does not have many features when compared to its competitors.
- The cloning process is very slow.
Top 7: MiniTool Partition Wizard
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a partition manager software which can be used on Windows 10/8/7/XP and also on Server 2003/2008/2012. This is perfect for the home and office users. This free hard drive cloning software comprises of several useful features such as move partition, resize partition, merge partition, create partition, copy partition, delete partition, split partition, convert file system and format partition.
Free Hard Drive Cloning Software Download Mac
- Comes with a lot of features which are great in performance.
- Quick and efficient.
- User interface is very cluttered.
- Not suitable for novice users.
Top 8: DriveImage XML
DriveImage XML is an easy to use disk cloning software windows 10 which makes the process of backup and restore very simple. This program has been specifically developed for the Windows XP and Vista users. This is a pretty reliable sandisk cloning software which performs efficiently while imaging and backing up logical drives and partitions.
- Very easy to use and makes several processes easy.
- Has provisions for incorporating into the WinPE environments through plug-ins.
- Backup process is very slow.
- The tasks have to be scheduled manually with Windows Task Manager.
- No default compression.
Top 9: Runtime's Shadow Copy
This free ssd cloning software-Runtime's Shadow Copy helps you in making a bootable backup of your present system’s hard drive to another disk drive. Using this software is very simple to achieve the disaster recovery. If you want to access just a few files, you can get them from the created backup. The update of backup using this free drive cloning software is very fast and efficient.
- Individual file on hard drive can be backed up.
- The process of backup os very fast.
- If you wish to backup or clone and entire drive, there are better options than this software.
- Limited in functionality.
Top 10: AOMEI Backupper
This disk cloning software can be used for backing up, syncing, cloning and for restoring a disk in the Windows PCs and laptops. The company AOMEI Technology has developed this AOMEI Backupper and it specializes in offering solutions relating to backup, cloud storage and hard disk partition. In case of emergencies like system crash, you can use this software to quickly recover and restore all your files.
- Has very excellent disk management features.
- Customer support is great.
- The system slow down when the backup process is in progress.
- The full version is pretty expensive.
Although all the above disk cloning software are very good in performance, Tenorshare Data Backup tops the list as the best disk clone software. Not only is it packed with all the necessary features, it offers a simple and quick solution for disk cloning and hence is highly recommended.
What's the best free cloning software for Windows?
If your current hard drive has run out of disk space, exposed to disk write/read failures, or become too slow to boot Windows, you will request a hard drive replacement. But sometimes, you don't swap out an entire hard drive. Likewise, you want to make a copy of a single partition or a few, to keep an identical backup copy for forensic purposes.
So, when and why do you need to clone/copy a hard drive to another? These are four typical scenarios.
- Upgrade a hard drive: from a small one to a big one, or from an old one to a new one.
- Change HDD to SSD: to keep consistent with the new IT era of installing light and fast SSD on a desktop or laptop.
- Create a backup: to maintain a full and exact copy of a hard drive or a partition for future use, for example, unexpected disaster recovery.
- Recover data from a damaged hard drive: to gain a way of retrieving data from a corrupted hard drive that becomes inaccessible, or not readable.
To clone a hard drive means to make a 1-to-1 copy of the original drive. It's the quickest and easiest approach to replace a hard drive along with its data. By cloning a disk to a new one, you can escape from the tedious work of transferring data and programs on the new drive. Since disk cloning has so many benefits, what's the most popular and convenient cloning software for Windows users? EaseUS Todo Backup has its competitiveness.
EaseUS free hard drive cloning software is with a slick interface, plus a range of cloning options. Though it's free, you can find an array of functionalities available for time-unlimited use, which you can only see in the commercial versions of its top 3 rivals.
Download free cloning software to clone a hard disk
The cloning process is simple to follow, and you can learn it in a few seconds. However, you still need to take a close look at the several underlying points so that you can make full use of it without difficulty.
1. It's possible to clone a larger hard drive to a smaller one, for example, 512GB to 256GB, but the used space of the 512GB hard drive should be under 256GB. The rule applies to a drive partition as well.
2. As soon as you launch EaseUS Todo Backup on your computer after installation, the software will prompt you a message asking you to create an emergency disk. This is a very helpful feature in case your computer crashed and won't boot someday. You can try to boot the machine from the EaseUS Todo Backup bootable disk to perform a recovery.
3. What if you're planning OS migration from HDD to SSD? You can also ask EaseUS Todo Backup for help but have this prior notice in your mind:  to ensure an absolutely free entrance to the System Clone feature, you need to download thehome versionby visiting the product page.  It's a 30-day free trial, which is enough for you to finish the task of migrating the system C drive as well as the boot partition from one drive to the other.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup and select the 'Clone' feature from the list on the left.
Step 2. Choose the original disk as the source disk and click 'Next'.
Step 3. Choose a destination disk, which can be another HDD/SSD or an external USB hard disk. Just be sure that the destination disk is larger than the source disk. Tick the option 'Optimize for SSD' under 'Advanced options' when the destination disk is an SSD for improved results. Click 'Next'.
Step 4. Preview the disk layout and click 'Proceed'.
The final word
When it comes to the suggestion of the best cloning software for Windows, we put EaseUS Todo Backup on the top list, by viewing the aspects of its ease of use, capability, smooth cloning experience and a free trial of the system clone feature, which you can never enjoy in other third-party utilities.
Download EaseUS disk clone freeware now and spend the least effort to copy and clone a hard drive. EaseUS hard drive cloning software is just what you need to copy the exact data content of one hard drive to another, file-by-file and sector-by-sector. No data loss or system boot errors will ever happen.
Furthermore, it's a versatile data backup and recovery program for Windows computers, Windows-compatible storage devices (external hard drives, flash drives, memory cards, etc.), and network drives. One page is far from enough to introduce a comprehensive program, so let this video introduction give you a quick glimpse at what EaseUS Todo Backup is meant to help you with the daily computer safety and facility.