- Jan 10, 2017 We hope that this guide helped you to feel more in control of your iTunes for Mac. There is no doubting that iTunes is an awesome app, but Apple’s insistence can be a bit overhanded at times. Now you can make iTunes cleaner with CleanMyMac X, fix a broken iTunes, downgrade iTunes to an earlier version and even uninstall iTunes completely.
- Dec 06, 2019 Click next to the app that you want to delete, then click Delete to confirm. The app is deleted immediately. Apps that don't show either didn't come from the App Store or are required by your Mac. To delete an app that didn't come from the App Store, use the Finder instead.
How to delete a Mac app using Launchpad. You can also delete an app using Launchpad, which shows all your apps in an iOS like interface. To open Launchpad, click on F4 (the button that shows a.
SUMMARY: Need a quick and complete method to uninstall applications from your Mac? Read on this tutorial to find how to completely uninstall applications from your Mac.
It is generally believed that uninstalling software on Mac OS X is simple and straightforward - you can just remove apps from the Applications folder; or drag-n-drop a program to Trash; for the application downloaded from App Store, you can directly uninstall it from LaunchPad. Things even go nicer that some Mac app vendors prepare in-built uninstaller programs to help you deal with background components.
Read Also: How To Uninstall Office 2011 for Mac >
However, as a matter of fact, macOS isn't perfect in every respect especially its Self-regulation 'arrogance' may result in negligence. Some applications install their components out of standard Application Package Content folder. Anyone who's had problems installing an Adobe CS application (Adobe Creative Cloud) or removing malware (Symantec/AVG/MacKeeper) will recognize how hard it can be to completely uninstall old applications from Mac. Follow this tutorial to learn how to thoroughly remove unwanted or roguish software on Mac.
Cannot Remove App From Mac
How To Uninstall Applications On Mac
Step 1: Completely Uninstall Application on Mac with Prepared Uninstaller
If the app you're trying to uninstall from your Mac has an in-built Uninstaller associated with it, then go ahead to take this advantage instead of starting manual uninstallation immediately. Because the vendor or developer usually knows best about their programs. These apps with big name or switched from Windows OS tend to have one. Take Adobe's Flash Player as an example (What Is Other On Mac Storage).
Completely Uninstall Application on Mac with Prepared Uninstaller
Step 2: Completely Uninstall Application on Mac - Drag-n-Drop To Delete
If there is no in-build Uninstaller App available, don't be upset as it's very common for modern applications on macOS. The reason is simple too. Most apps are downloaded from App Store, and this type of app could be uninstalled directly via LaunchPad. So, move on to uninstall your apps manually on your Mac by dragging and dropping to Trash can (App Can't Be Opened Because Apple Cannot Check It for Malicious Software.).
Completely Uninstall Application on Mac - Drag-n-Drop To Delete
Step 3: Completely Uninstall Application on Mac - Check Residuary Files
One more step you need to go further is to dig out and get rid of application associated files through Library. After Mac OS X 10.7 (OS X Lion), Apple locked users' access permission from the Library folder - which used to store application resources files. Go unlock it first (How To Uninstall Programs on Mac).
- Open Finder > in Menu, click Go > enter
- Go inside of each folder and search for any files that are associated with your app. Important: make sure the associated files you're trying to delete is save for removal, otherwise these mistaken deletion will cause trouble on your Mac.
- In case you are new to macOS file system, or you have too many file folders, here are some suggested folders you can check primarily. This usually covers most of app leftovers after uninstalling and for sure will save you a large amount of time: Application Support Caches Containers Frameworks Logs Preferences Saved Application State WebKit
How To Uninstall Apps On Microsoft Store
Step 4: Completely Uninstall Application on Mac - Omni Remover
As you can see, it's not that easy to completely uninstall applications from your Mac. Even Mac savvies may make mistakes to handle this task manually. This is the way Omni Remover comes in. This capable Mac App Uninstaller program comes with powerful Uninstalling engine, which ensures the most complete and efficient App Removal outcomes. Here are the detailed steps (How To Transfer Files Between iPhone and Mac).
- Step 1:Download and install Omni Remover on your Mac > Launch Omni Remover.
- Step 2: Click Quick Uninstall to browse the apps that you want to remove. After that, Omni Remover will start scanning your apps and all its associated app files.
- Step 3: Once it finished, give a check on the scan result to check if they are safe to remove. If you want to keep some kind of data, uncheck that item. After this confirmation, click Clean Uninstall to get this app removed from your Mac.
- Step 4: After a while, Omni Remover will finish uninstalling your unwanted applications from your Mac.
Completely Uninstall Application on Mac Step 2
Completely Uninstall Application on Mac Step 4
The Bottom Line
How To Uninstall App From Macbook
Have you completely and successfully uninstalled your applications on your Mac? If yes, by doing so, you can remove unwanted apps more thoroughly and reclaim more free storage on your Mac. If our suggestions above doesn't help, drop us a line on our Contact page so we can give you customized Mac App Uninstalling solutions. Good Day~