Photos have become an integral part of life, which got powered by dedicated cameras in your smartphones. Now that you don’t have to buy expensive cameras and then carry them with you, smartphones have made it easier to not just click pictures but also to edit them the way you want. One of the editing in demand these days is to stitch photos together.
- Mac Photo Software Reviews
- Best Photo Panorama Software For Mac Free
- Best Photo Stitching Software For Mac
- Best Panorama Software Mac
Photo stitching is a process of merging multiple photos to create one single wide or long picture. When you need to create a panorama picture, you can use a photo stitching application or simply download a panorama stitching software. In this article, we’re going to shed some light on the 10 best photo stitching software that you can download.
Panorama Maker offers a simple and elegant way to turn your photos into superb panorama masterpieces. Providing a set of photo stitching modes and automatic tools, Panorama Maker for Mac. Shooting scenic photos is an art in itself, but placing them into a panorama requires some simple software know-how. Chris McVeigh walks you through the process of creating a gorgeous pano. Hugin is an extremely advanced and professional Panorama software. It is an open source panorama maker and is available for Windows, MAC, as well as LINUX. This photo stitching software is a bit complicated, and takes a bit of getting used to for stitching images perfectly. The Best Panorama Photo Stitching Software. When faced with subjects that have short and wide features such as landscape vistas it may be appropriate to crop the photo to remove unnecessary detail in the top and bottom parts of the scene. Aug 07, 2018 The Best Panorama Photo Software for the PC. Jamie Read more August 7. Here are what I think are some of the best panoramic photo software for PC. It’s an open source program that allows you to stitch images together to create your panorama. It’s available for Windows, Mac and Linux and works very well indeed.
What is Photo Stitching Tool?
A photo stitching tool allows you to merge multiple photos to create one meaningful image. It is highly used to create panorama pictures that has wide width to showcase more sight of the scene.
By choosing a best photo stitching app, you can create your own panorama pictures on your Windows computer in no time. It is important to know that photo stitching apps are different than photo merging apps since stitching apps concentrate more on creating panorama pictures and contain features to accommodate panorama specific requirements.
What are the Best Photo Stitching Software for Windows?
Although, there are myriads of application that facilitate you to stitch photos and create a panorama image. However, only a few can make it to the list when it’s about being the best. Today, we’re going to shed some light over 10 best photo stitching apps for Windows:
1. Image Composite Editor
Image Composite Editor is one of the best panorama stitching software for free that is designed and developed by Microsoft Research Computational Photography Group. This dedicated panorama image creator develops a high definition panorama when you provide it with multiple overlapping photographs of a specific scene shot from a single camera location.
Features of Image Composite Editor:
- Automatic image completion, adds missing pixels on the image.
- Easy design and user interface makes sure that you can accomplish more work in less efforts.
- Full resolution preview presents a projected image to let you know the progress of your working project.
- The tool is able to read raw images with the help of WIC codecs.
- Automatic cropping lets you have the maximum image area with minimum cuts.
- ICE supports a range of formats including, JPEG XR, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PNG, PSD and Silverlight.
- You can adjust panorama rotation with its Orientation tool.
Must Read: Best Free Photo Organizing Software For Windows 10, 8, 7
Hugin is one of the best photo stitching software that uses minimum resources creating a panorama image. The tool is loaded with all the necessary features in its user-friendly interface that require least of your efforts to generate a greater outcome. Hugin may not appear very conspicuous compared to other such tools but the design is made to work faster using least resources. Also, you’ve got every feature available right there, which you would find in any attractive panorama image creator app.
Features of Hugin:
- Hugin is a dedicated panorama stitching software for free.
- It uses minimum resources and goes light weighted on processor.
- Easy to use user interface makes it handy to process panorama image.
- It lets you stitch any series of overlapping images to generate panorama.
As the name suggests, Autostitch can create a panorama image without the need of any human intervention. Just load the overlapping images and wait for the magic to happen. Autostitch is a 2D fully automatic photo stitching software, which is a product of breakthrough technology for panorama photography, visualization apps and VRs. The magical feature of taking care of everything automatically is the result of its building using the cutting-edge research from the AI lab at UBC. However, the criticality used in building this app makes sure that it is easy to use, which you can feel while using.
Features of Autostitch:
- Provides a complete automatic mechanism to create panorama images.
- Easy to use interface to expedite the outcome.
- Automatically finds matches in images using the SIFT algorithm.
- The tool can start working even from unordered collection of images.
4. Kolor Autopano:
Kolor Autopano is a professional photo stitching app that delivers high end output to your photo stitching. It is also one of the most advanced image assembly applications that is loaded with a plethora of features to simplify panorama for you. The tool comes handy on your Windows computer delivering outstanding performance. The great perk of Autopano is that it is available for all the major platforms like Android, Mac and Linux.
Features of Kolor Autopano:
- Kolor Autopano makes it easy for you to execute your tasks with its intuitive interface.
- Autopano employs the assembly engine technology using the SIFT algorithm.
- When there’s a discrepancy in the colors of the scene captures, the color correction engine works to take care of the issue.
- The tool comes with almost 10 projections for you to choose for you image.
Also Read: Best Photo Collage Maker Software For Windows
PTGui started as Graphical User Interface for Panorama Tools, which is a panoramic image stitching software for Windows and Mac platforms. What makes PTGui one of the best photo stitching software is its speed that uses OpenCL GPU acceleration to stitch a 1 Gigapixel panorama in just 25 seconds. Also, it is one of the few tools that use automatic overlap of images using its own algorithm, but it makes sure that you’ve got complete control over the procedure.
Features of PTGui:
- PTGui works at an incompatible speed with higher accuracy that is powered by its automatic overlapping algorithm.
- You can create a 360 x 180-degree panorama for both embedding on web page or local viewing.
- PTGui lays complete support for HDR (high dynamic range) photography without any additional tool.
- By using its little planet feature, you can explore your creativity by developing a equirectangular.
6. ArcSoft Panorama Maker:
ArcSoft is a one stop solution for not just panorama stitching but also other professional editing tasks. The tool comes handy when you’re looking for a tool that can deliver a comprehensive stitching technology for smartphones, digital cameras etc. ArcSoft is capable to integrate high speed burst capture mode with up to 4K resolution. Another great thing about ArcSoft Panorama Maker is that its stitching algorithm is optimized for low, mid and high-end hardware platforms.
Features of ArcSoft Panorama Maker:
- The tool provides 360-degree panorama capture.
- Anti-Ghosting technology defines the captured image.
- The tool delivers high quality images that are blur free.
- Delivers real time performance with minimum power consumption.
7. Affinity Photo:
Affinity Photo makes it to the list of best photo stitching apps that you can download. It is a dedicated and professional tool that executes the process to generate a meaningful output with its sharp features majoring panorama images. Also, Affinity Photo allows you to make pro level changes and correction adjustments, which you can only find in expensive high-end software. If you’re a fan of filters and effects, the tool carries a gift of customizable filters and real time effects that you can add to your projects.
Feature of Affinity Photo:
- Affinity Photo comes with an advanced stitching algorithm, automatic image alignment and full perspective corrections.
- The tool provides platform for Raw editing, HDR merging, Pro retouching over images and focus stacking.
- Affinity supports batch processing to save time and efforts.
- Refinement algorithm lets you have a taste of next level accuracy and sharpness.
Must Read: 21 Best Adobe Photoshop Plugins To Save Your Time
If you’re looking for a dedicated and professional panorama stitching software, Panoweaver is for you. The tool is able to create panorama picture in just one click. You just have to simply import the photos from your local directory and the tool uses it automatic stitching algorithm to work. You may also customize the way you wish it to be by resizing, HDR generating, defragging etc. Also, you may choose to have from a variety of panorama shapes like spherical, single fisheye, cubic, cylindrical etc.
Features of Panoweaver:
- Easy interface to launch and generate panorama image in just one click with automatic overlapping algorithm.
- Offers customized process to generate panorama.
- Batch stitching feature to save time and effort.
- Masking feature allows to retouch your images even after the panorama has been create.
PhotoStitcher is a compact tool that is intended to stitch multiple photos to create one defined panoramic image. If you’re looking for the best panorama stitching software for free, PhotoStitcher is for you. The tools are smart enough to even scan the oversize images and then process them by piecing and stitching together. Also, PhotoStitcher lets you use its automatic photo overlapping technique that saves you from putting extra efforts.
Features of PhotoStitcher:
- Intriguing and user-friendly UI delivering high end panoramic images.
- Automatic photo overlapping to generate a quality panorama image with professional cropped photos.
- Oversize scanner to cut down the pieces and stitch it together.
- PhotoStitcher adds missing pixels to get an automatic image completion.
10. Adobe Lightroom CC:
Adobe never goes unseen when it is related to photo editing, and there you’ve Adobe Lightroom CC that provides photo stitching as one of its features. Now that the product comes from an organization having fame in photo-based industry, Lightroom makes stitching as simple as any other feature. It processes your stitching using the automatic overlapping algorithm, which makes sure that there’s minimum human intervention. However, the end product is much appreciated for its quality.
Features of Adobe Lightroom CC:
- Dedicated image editing tool with a plethora of options and features specially designed for it.
- User friendly interface that delivers easy to understand command buttons to execute faster and promptly.
- Provides 1TB of cloud storage for all your projects.
- Offers to transform your images with Photoshop CC.
Also Read: Best Free Photo Slideshow Software For Windows
Overall, there are many panorama-stitching software for free that you can download and create the picture of your choice. It is important that you click photos that you wish to stitch together in a way that they are easy to adjust.
You may download the best photo stitching app listed above from their official websites. In case you face difficulty using panorama stitching app, you may find its tutorial online and get started. If you wish to share some tips and tricks regarding these apps, do let us know in the comments below.
The major incidents in our lives are captured in the form of memories and these memories serve as reminders to all the good and great moments of our lives. Due to the advent of the digital media, it has been comparatively easier to capture these moments of our lives through the lenses of a camera and it can be captured in forms of photographs.
This development of the camera has also reached a greater height due to the recent advent of smartphones and other modes of capturing images. Simultaneously, there has been the development of many software to accentuate the photo quality to various means of displaying a photograph as per the medium in which the user wishes to display it.
Various means like social media and other applications have to lead to the boom of this software which helps to edit the images and also makes it unique to be displayed on such digital platforms and the corresponding social media applications as well.
One such medium which has led to the compiling and addition of multiple photographs into one image is a photo stitching software and thus it provides an accurate and compiled view of multiple photographs.
What is photo Stitching and why do we need it?
This is a process of combining multiple images into one image by adjusting the dimensions of the other images in order to provide a landscape view of the same and generally such cropping and editing are done by the means of computer programmes. Nowadays, there has been the evolution of many software applications to simplify this process and thus develop the impression of creating a collage of photographs.
There are various applications of such process and they are:
- It is used for image stabilization
- It is also used for medical imaging.
- It can be used for multiple image super-resolution.
- It is also used for Video Stitching.
- It can be used for enhanced Object insertion.
Thus such means of photo stitching is developed in recent days to provide smooth and efficient output and it can be done by some best photo stitching software available in the present days. Mostly such images are used to create a panorama image or a landscape view.
Best Panorama Software
The photo stitching method is used to create landscape view of multiple images and the best photo stitching software in the market for such purposes are:
1. Image Composite Editor
This is a complex software to be used but it can be easily done and the essential advantage of this software is that it provides a faster output within a matter of few seconds and thus it is widely used for faster output response. There are few steps that need to be followed to use this software and they are:
- First, go to File.
- Then Select on New Option
- Then select any two photos that you want to be overlaid and then click on Enter.
Thus the software automatically gives the output and generates the output image in the form of a JPEG or PNG file. It can also be used to import this image to Photoshop software and thereby add more effects to the image. It can be used best on Windows Operating System.
2. Panorama Plus
This is a photo stitching software that can be used best on Windows operating system and apart from the free editor version, you have to pay $28.5 to get the advanced version.
This software can be used to add and crop images as well as videos and thus provide a panoramic view of multiple images and an additional layover of multiple videos.
This software also has inbuilt editing tools which do all the editing of videos at the right set time and thus gives an effortless output. It also gives advanced option to import the files to Photoshop in order to provide options for an addition of more features.
This software is best suited for Windows system but it works on other operating systems as well. The trial version is available for free but the advanced version can be bought at $19.99. Thus the major advantage of this software is that it automatically aligns all the selected images and thereby edits and crops the images with proper dimensions and addition.
This makes the work of a user much simpler and the result is obtained at the click of a button. This software also provides an option for automatic cropping which easily crops all the images.
4. EasyPano Panoweaver
This software is basically used on the Windows platform and is used to create three dimensional HD images of dimensions like 360 * 180 degrees.
This software uses the advanced photo weaver and it provides for efficient cropping and addition of multiple images at once which thereby gives the efficient output. In case the photo weaver is unable to crop the photos automatically, then an option for manual cropping is also provided.
Best Photo Stitching Software for Mac
There are many photo software which is available to work only on the specific operating system like Mac and these are efficient only on these OS. The comprehensive list is given as:
This software is available for free but it can only be used to add two images at once to give a panoramic image. Moreover, it requires a lot of manual work from the user such as:
- Setting the control points for the image.
- Setting the dimensions for the image.
- Also, mention the proper set of alignment and directions of the output image.
Thus this software is not used widely due to lack of efficiency but the quality of the output image is great as it is obtained as per the desirability of the user.
6. Autopano Pro
This software is available with a free trial version but for the advanced versions, one has to pay approximately $130. This software can be used to add the 2 images and get the desired output, but the interesting thing to note that there are 5 free tries and the image obtained after all the trials are different. But if one is going for editing of multiple images then a lot of options are available for the same as:
- Projection Settings
- Control point Editors
This software can be used for advanced cropping and to provide higher resolutions to the images.
Mac Photo Software Reviews
This is the simplest software to be used for photo stitching and it can be used for 2 as well as 7 images at once. It is an easier software to be used where the user just has to select on the images to be cropped into one and then click on enter.
It takes few more seconds for 7 images but the result is amazing. Moreover, it automatically detects the need for any editing and does it on its own as it has an inbuilt editing function as well which provides for output size, blending methods and auto crop.
8. Arcsoft Panorama Maker
It is an expensive software with a free trial version and the advanced version comes at a price of $79.99, which can be used to create the overlap of pictures which are generally inclined with nature or natural artifacts and it has to be used but it also has 5 auto stitch modes and these modes are:
It is a simple software and all the editing and cropping of the selected images can be done in three simple steps as follows:
- Click on “Auto Selector” for one image or on “Auto Selector by Group” for the group of images that needs to be compiled into one single output.
- It then organizes the images and seamlessly stitches them into a panoramic view.
- It then saves, prints or posts the images to any application on Web.
Also, the 360 mode helps in the creation of high-resolution three-dimensional images which makes the picture look impressive.
This is an expensive software and apart from photo stitching, it can also be used for adding watermark to the images. Thus the advanced version of this software can be bought at a price of $28.5. It can be used to create high resolution spherical 360 * 180 three dimensional panoramic images.
Best Photo Panorama Software For Mac Free
It thus helps in providing an advanced and high-resolution image output. The images can also be stitched as rotated and tilted images. Moreover, it also has a spherical panorama viewer and a web publishing tool. It can also be used efficiently with its inbuilt Batch Building Feature which scans various folders for panoramic images and then automatically stitches them.
Best Photo Stitching Software For Mac
Best Panorama Software Mac
Thus from the above discussion on best free photo stitching software, it is pertinent to note that such software is pretty expensive and only the professional users who are into the arena of image processing, editing, and other functions can efficiently use them to get an impeccable outcome which actually distinguishes a manually captured photograph from a digitally stitched photograph as this option gives the user various advanced features to experiment with the images in an efficient manner.