- Best Free Editing Software For Youtube Mac
- Best Youtube Editing Software For Macbook
- Best Editing Software For Youtube Mac
- Music Editing Software For Mac
- Best Music Editing Software Mac
- Best Free Video Editing Software For Youtube Mac
- Video Editing Software Mac Free
Do you want to make sure your video stands out on YouTube? Then you will want to perform several post-production tasks such as:
Jun 28, 2020 Best From Hobbyist to Pro: Final Cut Pro X at Apple 'A video editing software that you can use even if you don’t have much experience.' Best for Pros: Adobe Premiere Pro CC at Amazon 'A powerful video editor for professionals putting out movies, short films, and the like.' Oct 23, 2019 Best for Mac: Final Cut Pro X at iTunes 'Integrates well with Apple’s hardware and other software, and runs beautifully on Mac computers.' Best for Beginners: Adobe Premiere Elements at Best Buy 'Perfect for beginners who may not be as experienced in video editing.' Best Budget: CyberLink PowerDirector at CyberLink.
- Adding, rearranging, or removing sections of a video
- Creating transitions
- Applying video enhancements such as adding filters and color correction
- Branding your video with logo, call-to-action, and contact information
Editing raw video footage and preparing it for distribution requires using third-party applications.
Below are several of the best video editing software options on the market today to help you create a YouTube video to wow your audience.
A low-priced video editor well suited for beginners, Nero Video offers a wide range of special features including keyframing functions and multitrack timeline.
Other features include:
- Easily transfer image and video files from external hard drives, mobile devices, USB sticks, HD-4K cameras, and camcorders to the Nero Media library.
- Store and access video assets from OneDrive online to save storage space on your computer.
- Add video effects such as slow-motion titles, audio filters, old film, and keyframe animations.
- Customize pre-built movie templates.
Nero Video is regularly priced at $49.99, but occasionally runs special discounts. It is an excellent piece of software for video editing newbies but lacks the speed and functionality of more expensive products.
iMovie is free video editing software for YouTube for iOS and macOS. It’s well-suited for beginners who don’t want to spend money and are not familiar with more advanced editing apps.
For Mac users who want to perform simple edits, this free built-in video editor could be all you need.
Quickly choose clips, add titles, effects, and music to create 4K high-quality finished video products. Other features include:
- Adding credits and animated titles from dozens of styles
- Customizing text size, color, font, and formatting
- Giving your video a cinematic touch by choosing from creative filters
- Changing the speed of shots or using split-screen effects
- Recording your voice, using built-in sound effects, or adding a smart track
iMovie offers both basic and advanced editing functionalities and is the go-to tool for Mac users. It also has a mobile app to edit videos from mobile devices.
Movie Maker Pro
Movie Maker Pro is the Windows alternative to iMovie. It’s a free YouTube video editor that provides basic features such as joining, trimming, text captioning, transition effects, image filtering, and adding background music.
If you want a simple editor for your Windows video projects, Movie Maker Pro is an excellent place to start. For more features, you can upgrade to the Pro version.
Movavi Video Editor Plus
For those who want to share emotions through video, Movavi Video Editor is a useful free tool for beginners using Mac or Windows.
You can upload files from any device to add to your video project.
Movavi also comes with an intro mode to create special introductions for your videos and other built-in effects and features including:
- Use colors and filters to add an artistic event
- Add animated transitions to spice up your movie
- Apply animated titles for emphasis
- Crop and rotate video clips
Add some pizzazz to your video using features such as pan and zoom, video stabilization, and stylization.
The free version of this software adds a watermark to your videos. If you want to remove the watermark, you can upgrade to the paid version for only $39.95.
Hitfilm Express is a free visual effects and video editing app for YouTube. It works with Mac and Windows and is ideal for YouTubers, beginners, students, and others with a tight budget.
You can use more than 180 special effects, 3D editing, and professional VFX tools to create gaming videos, films, and other video content.
One of the most helpful features included with HitFilm is the available tutorial videos to help you with your video editing projects.
For more experienced video editors looking for advanced editing functionality, HitFilm has a Pro Software Store and an Express Add-on Store.
Avidemux is a free video editor available for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
It is designed for simple video editing tasks such as cutting, encoding, flipping and rotating clips, adding subtitles, adjusting colors and brightness levels, and filtering. However, it doesn’t allow for audio editing.
Although the learning curve is a little steep, you can check with the extensive wiki that will help you accomplish what you want to do.
Shotcut is an open-source video editor that works on multiple platforms. It’s also free.
The user interface is intuitive and uncomplicated. Shotcut supports hundreds of video and audio formats. There are no imports required, which means native editing.
You can choose from advanced special effects and a vast assortment of filters to customize your video. Shotcut supports webcam, audio, and screen capture as well as resolutions up to 4K.
One of the most helpful features of Shotcut for YouTube video editing is the tutorials it offers, something not usually available with open-source software.
Blender is a free open source program for Linux, Windows, and Mac operating systems. Besides being a video editor, Blender is also a 3D animation suite.
Some of the video editing features include speed control, filters, transitions, and layer adjustments.
The editing dashboard has 32 tracks for adding video elements to create very complex and compelling videos. This is not the best option for beginner video editors because its functionality can be overwhelming. It also doesn’t offer a mobile version.
However, for more experienced editors, you can create amazing and complicated videos without watermarks for any purpose, including for commercial use.
VSDC Video Editor
VSDC is a free Windows video editing program where you can edit and create all types of videos.
Use advanced video effects such as color correction, overlay text, multi-color Chroma Key, and object transformation. VSDC supports most major video and audio formats such as HD, DVD, and GoPro videos.
It also includes audio effects such as sound normalization and volume correction. An added benefit is that the full set of features for VSDC are free and doesn’t leave a watermark.
Machete Video Editor Lite
A simple and easy-to-use free video editor is Machete Video Editor Lite (the free version of Machete).
The lite version is designed for simple and quick video edits such as cutting, copying, moving, saving, and pasting. However, it only supports WMV and AVI video format.
You can’t edit audio files in Machete lite, but you can remove sound files from video files. Newbie video editors will appreciate the intuitive interface and ease-of-use.
Lightworks is an advanced video editor for Mac, Windows, and Linux. It is so powerful that it has been used to edit films such as Pulp Fiction, Road to Perdition, and The Wolf of Wall Street.
Some of the robust features that come with Lightworks include:
- Intuitive user interface for timeline editing and trimming
- Access to royalty-free video and audio content
- Low-resolution proxy workflows for 4K
- Exports videos for Vimeo and YouTube in SD/HD, up to 4K
You can choose the free or the pro version of lightworks. The main difference between the two besides the price is the availability of more features in pro.
However, the free version is still feature-rich, supports multi-cam editing, and provides more than 100 effects.
Which is the Best Video Editing Software for YouTube Videos?
To choose the best video editor for your specific needs, consider your operating system, budget, level of expertise, and the amount of time you are willing to put into learning.
The sooner you get started using a video editor, the faster you will sharpen your video skills and produce amazing videos.
- What is the best alternative to YouTube Video Editor in 2020?
- Is there some free video editing software for YouTube available in the market?
- What is the best video editor for YouTube free?
YouTube is not only a great place to watch videos, but also an awesome platform to share your own created videos with friends all over the world. Uploading videos to YouTube is easy, but it is not an easy task for creating an awesome video. So more and more YouTube users want to find a professional video editing software for YouTube free or paid.
Can't Miss: What Video Editing Software Do YouTubers Use
Yes, you will come across many free or paid YouTube video maker or editor software over the internet for working with. All YouTube video editing software has distinct features that you should look out for as well as pros and cons. The following top 5 free video editors for YouTube will give you a good starting point.
In short: If you're looking for the best video editing software for YouTube (like me), you'll love this guide.
Best Free Editing Software For Youtube Mac
Now, let's get started.
Filmora Video Editor - Best YouTube Video Maker [Free or Paid]
Filmora Video Editor for Windows (or Filmora Video Editor for Mac) is the best video editing software for YouTube on Mac or Windows. This video editor for YouTube has many effects that you can use to personalize your video when editing. They include intro/credit where you will get to enjoy multiple templates, transitions to help come up with a flawless exchange from one scene to another, sound effect and, filters. The selection will be all yours to make and you should be very keen on what you decide to use with your video. Furthermore, this powerful YouTube video editing software has support for many file formats and guarantees high quality to edited files.
- This video editing software for YouTube has video color correction which allows for adjustment of brightness, saturation, and contrast.
- A green screen is another feature that makes it possible to replace the background.
- Scene detection helps to know when changes have been made to scenes.
- Face off offers fun faces for making a video funny.
- PIP effect makes it possible to overlay more than one video together.
- A wide range of video and audio effects and handy video editing tools.
- Various output options help you directly upload a video to YouTube or Vimeo for sharing as you like.
Easy Steps to Use This Best Video Editing Software for YouTube
The Filmora YouTube Video Editing software is very affordable and can edit both videos and audios. With this software you can edit the YouTube video, and it helps in applying effects or customize your video.
Step 1. Import the Video for YouTube
At first, you need to download the Filmora Video Editor from the official website. After the installation, you can import the video clips by 2 methods. Click the 'FULL FEATURE MODE' from the main window, you can directly drag your videos to the software or click on the 'Import Media Files Here' button to import all video clips to Filmora Video Editor.
Step 2. Edit Your Video Clips
Drag the video clips to the timeline directly, now you can adjust the order of the video clips by clicking on the video clips and drag, and you can also trim unwanted video clips.
Best Youtube Editing Software For Macbook
Step 3. Add Effects to Your Videos
After you cut and splice the video clips to a complete video you want to post to YouTube, you can choose to add some effects on the video to make it amazing.
For example, you can add filters to the video, click on the 'FILTERS' option from the menu, and you will see all the filters in the Filmora Video Editor. Select a suitable filter and drag it to a timeline to apply.
In addition to the filter, there are many other effects you can apply to your videos including transitions, overlays, audio effect, and others as follows:
- How to overlay videos (picture in picture)
- How to make a split-screen video
- How to make cool videos with effects
Step 4. Export the Videos to YouTube Directly
After you are satisfied with the editing of your video, you can preview the excellent video in Filmora Video Editor firstly, and then export it to YouTube directly.
If you want to learn more technical skills about how to perform the Filmora Video Editor, please check the below video tutorial to find something you might not know before:
Best Editing Software For Youtube Mac
Top 4 Free YouTube Video Editing Software for Windows, Mac OS X
When you are looking for the best free YouTube video editing software program to use with Mac, iMovie will be the best choice to consider. This free video editing software for YouTube allows for easy importing of videos as well as editing in terms of adding effects, inserting titles, and adding soundtracks. A simple drag and drop will help you add files to the program.
- This video editor for YouTube is very easy to use. And it is the best alternative to the YouTube Video Editor.
- This video editing tool has a friendly interface and allows for the sharing of edited videos online. Those are the standout advantages you will enjoy.
- One of the biggest disadvantages of iMovie is the inability to import files in MP4 format.
- It is not readily available because of its price tag that ranges around $14.99.
Windows Movie Maker (Windows)
This YouTube video editing software is another best video editing software for YouTube videos and it's designed by Microsoft. You can create, edit, and publish your videos using this program on online sites like YouTube and Facebook. That will help in enhancing your overall editing experience. It has support for many transitions, effects and titles to help customize the video.
- The key advantages of using this software program are available for free.
- This video editor for YouTube is easy for beginners to learn.
- This video editing tool offers a variety of editing tools and functions as well as perfect for photos slide shows.
Music Editing Software For Mac
- When you choose this program, expect to enjoy limitations on the number of features you will enjoy because it comes for free.
- This video editing tool is not good for advanced users.
- It is highly prone to crashing down thus not reliable enough.
YouTube Video Editor (Windows and Mac)
This free YouTube video editor allows for easy customizing of video files through specialized tools and effects. You should choose a good combination of those that will suit your video editing. Also, the program helps in trimming down the size of videos.
- You will have an easy time learning how to use this program.
- This video editing tool works at high speeds and it is available for free as well as allowing adding music to video.
- Its availability for free means this program comes with limitations on some features.
- You will enjoy only the basic features.
LightWorks (Windows and Mac)
This free editing software is a professional free video editing software for YouTube that you can use to work on any YouTube files. It's non-linear and has support for resolutions amounting to 4K. It works well with videos on both HD and SD formats. If you have a film that you want to edit, LightWorks will be a good choice to consider at any given time.
- The ability to customize is the biggest advantage of using this software program.
- Other pros are supported for different platforms.
- Support for professional video editing and availability as paid or free versions.
- This video editing tool lacks FireWire support for Linux.
- The pro version has changed in pricing and does not offer any help with basic hints alone.
Write in the End
Best Music Editing Software Mac
Although some online video editors or editing apps for YouTube provide the most promising results there aren't as good as professional video editors available for Windows and Mac. One of the biggest disadvantages is that if you don't have an internet connection, you will not be able to edit the videos. Moreover, if your video needs a lot of editing, you can't perform all the functions using online video editors.
Best Free Video Editing Software For Youtube Mac
So, if you want to create an awesome video, or you have some requirements of the YouTube video, then, I'd like to strongly recommend the Filmora Video Editor or Filmora Video Editor for Mac for your reference. It can help you quickly make a cool video with effects.
Video Editing Software Mac Free
This post is focused on the video editing software for YouTube, so, if you want to find video editor for other platforms like Chromebook, etc., you can view the recommendation in this site.