The best personal finance apps provide several different features (email reminders, bill due dates, track subscriptions, shared wallets, etc.) for managing your overall finances. All the apps on our list are available on both iOS and Android, so you can enjoy no matter which smartphone giant you're partial to.
Sep 24, 2018 — Managing a huge gallery and organizing photos is a tricky business, even if you’re generally tidy, so it’s always a good idea to use some help. Especially when there’s software out there designed specifically to deal with an overload of pictures.
The only trouble with professional photo organizing software is that, much like any photo equipment, it’s painfully expensive. In this article we’ll suggest tools that tame your giant photo gallery without leaving a hole in your pocket.
Best photo organizing software for Mac, as of 2018
Gemini 2: The duplicate photo finder
The first thing you need to do to organize photos is remove the extras. There’s a high chance you’ve got plenty of duplicates and similar images — 15 shots from slightly different angles, for instance. You usually only use one of those, so there’s really no point in keeping them all.
The easiest way to get rid of those files is to get a duplicate photo finder, such as Gemini 2. It can scan your whole gallery, locate duplicates and point out similars. It usually takes a few minutes to clean your whole photo collection, so download Gemini and give it a quick test drive.
Photos: Mac’s native photo organizer app
Here’s the biggest secret to good photo organization: master Photos. You might be thinking: seriously, a native Apple app is any good? And you’d be surprised how much it is.
Since macOS Sierra, Photos has been getting makeovers and new features. In macOS Mojave, the app lets you organize content just by dragging-and-dropping it, and with Smart Albums, you can instantly group photos by date, camera, and even the person in them. At this point, it’s just a really good piece of photo management software.
Mylio: A free photo manager app
If you’ve been meaning to consolidate your photos in one place for years, Mylio will help you do just that. When you first start using the app, it offers to look for your photos on the current device, on an external drive, and even on your Facebook.
Once all the photos you’ve taken in your lifetime are imported, Mylio organizes into a variety of views. The coolest one is Calendar, showing you photo collections on an actual calendar. That way, you’ll quickly find the photos from your son’s first birthday, even if you forgot how you named the folder. Plus, Mylio offers a free mobile app, so you can access your photo library wherever you are.
Final word on photo management on Mac
There are basically two things you need to remember to bring order into your photographing life:
- Before you get to organization and management, be sure to unclutter your photo library. The easiest way to do it is with a duplicate finder, such as Gemini 2. Otherwise you'll be rummaging around in thousands of photos you don't even need.
- Photos, the native Apple photo manager can accomplish everything you need to make organizing photos into groups and categories easy.
- Third-party tools can provide you with added functionality that’s missing in native macOS tools, like calendar view or managing photos right in the Finder.
Now that you know all the secrets to photo organization, Mac photography shouldn’t be that hard or that expensive. Not when you’ve got the right tricks up your sleeve.
These might also interest you:
Sweet memories fade with time, but when captured in images, they stay with you forever. If you are fond of taking pictures, you must have a collection of hundreds and thousands of photos. Capturing moments is fun but organizing them can be an arduous task. However, if you have a photo management app for your Mac, things could get a lot easier. To know about some of them, read on!
Best Photo Management Softwar for Mac
Free Video Apps For Mac
Organizing photos can be fun when you have a third party app on your Mac. We have listed some of the best photo management apps for Mac.
1. CyberLink PhotoDirector 365
Cyberlink PhotoDirector 365 is a photo management tool that not only helps you to organize your photos in a neat manner but also provides advanced editing tools. Let’s take a look at the features of the CyberLink PhotoDirector 365:
- To manage your photos, you can categorize them with keyword tags, star ratings, smart collections, color coding, and flags.
- The software can automatically arrange your photos on the basis of on composition, frame, time or date or you can manually organize them by simply dragging and dropping.
- You can share both digital and hard copy photos with your friends. Moreover, you can create slideshows and upload them to YouTube.
Also Read:5 Best Duplicate Photo Finder and Cleaner Tools
2. Adobe Photoshop Elements 15
Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 is a simpler and efficient way of managing your photos on Mac.
Let’s take a look at the features of the Adobe Photoshop Elements 15:
- With Auto Curate feature, your photos are organized according to the image quality, faces, subjects, Smart Tags and more which makes searching for images easier.
- The software suggests you use Smart tags to your photos so that you can find the photos easily later on.
- It also allows you to fix multiple photos at a time.
3. AfterShot Pro 2
AfterShot Pro 2 helps you in organizing and viewing all your photo collection in one place making it one of the best photo Management apps for Mac. Let’s check out all the features of AfterShot Pro 2:
- You can edit and make other changes to one or many photos at once with powerful batch processing controls.
- The powerful search tools, star ratings, and other tools help you quickly find photos no matter what is the size of your photo collections.
- You can easily compare, filter and select your best photos from n number of similar looking photos
Also Read:10 Best Duplicate File Finder And Cleaner Apps
One of the best photo management apps for Mac, Unbound helps you efficiently manage your photos according to your needs. Let’s take a look at the features of the Unbound:
- You can use albums to categorize your photos. With instant search, you can locate any album within a few clicks.
- The app can play slideshows, display EXIF information and can also use GPS location data to display photos on a map.
- Unbound can sync your albums to your iPhone, iPad or other Macs with the help of Dropbox. So that you can upload and organize your photos from any of the devices.
5. Phase One MediaPro1
Phase One MediaPro1 is a good choice if you love to keep your photo collection organized and managed. Let’s go through the features of the Phase One MediaPro1:
Best Apps For Organization Mac 2017
- It allows you to handle photos in batch whether it is editing or renaming.
- The app allows you to convert your RAW format images to JPEG or PNG, BMP and more to make it easy to share it across.
- It has an auto-sort feature which uses metadata annotations to sort photos.
Also Read:How to Find and Remove Duplicate Photos on Mac
So, these are some of the best photo management software for Mac which you can use. Try them and let us know which worked for you.
Best Organization Apps For Mac